Thursday, February 17, 2011

I have a follower...

Wow!  My first follower.  Thanks Vicky.  You were my push to get a blog going.  A little vote of confidence goes a long way.  I'm hoping that this blog will allow me to best share my creativity.  I'm an artist at heart, and always have been.  That is where my blog title comes from.  Although this forum will allow me to share my scrapbooking passion, ultimately I want to share my passion for art in all of its forms. 

At a young age it started with sketching and drawing, then on to painting.  From there I got my hands into any crafty thing I could.  I feel that I still have much to learn and so much room to grow.

Now, onto my second page.  This page was one I submitted for a Making Memories scrapcall last year.  Alas, it didn't pan out.  Soon I will make another attempt at submitting my work to a scrapcall.  Priorities of work and family come first, so hopefully I will be able to find the time...I tend to go in spirts.

This page was entitled My Wish For You.  It is of my lovely daughter and I found the poem on a website called thinkexist.com.  Great resource for poetry.


I put a lot of heart into the page, and wanted it to feel light, and very feminine.  The details of what products I used can be found at my gallery on scrapbook.com.  You can see the yummy Prima flowers peppered all over the place.  The sprigs were found at Michaels.  I think I found them in the wedding section.  I used a photoshop overlay on the picture to give it a slight vintage feel.  I love shabby vintage!



 A detail of the butterfly and the music sheet.  You can see a bit of the ribbon I used to make a "tail" from the butterfly.


Some more detail....I wanted to show the little keys that I added.  Some close-up of the sprigs too.

I will make whole hearted attempts at keeping this up to date.  I have a few more pages that I'd like to share!  Signing off until then!

No comments:

Post a Comment