Saturday, February 26, 2011

It's the weekend again, which means...

I can do another page!  I love The Color Room.  It sometimes makes my life much easier.  With 2 small kids and working full time, it makes it difficult finding time to create a page.  The Color Room cuts the work by creating a palette for me.  All I have to do is put the page together.  The latest page is one of my dd that I took a year ago.  My dd and I traveled to Toronto to visit my sister, and there was a little walking path around a pond just down the street from her house.  Every evening we took a walk down there to check out the geese.  Along the waterside there was a mass of daisies.  My dd would go and pick flowers for her bouquet.


I used gesso to create the mask in the background.  I used the technique that is on the Tattered Angels blog.  It didn't work out like I wanted to, because the gesso bled a little behind the mask.  The gesso was quite runny...strange.  I mixed it with Gingersnap and Sun Kissed Smooch Spritz.  That may have been the culprit behind the "runnyness".  Some of the other products I used were scrap pieces that I had around.  Hope you enjoy, and thanks for looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment