Monday, February 21, 2011

Project: Guest Design Team Call, Part Deux.

I think I've decided on my layouts that I'm going to submit.  I think they reflect the sort of style that I have.  I'll keep you in suspense for now...

What I WILL do is share my altered art project.


Basic Grey Hopscotch Collection: "Potsy" (HOP3099) and "Playground" (HOP3087); Bo Bunny Back to Basics Collection Mums (12OU655) and Ambrosia (12OA594); TPC Studio Grandma's Attic Collection: Antique Lace; DCWV Old World Paper Stack and Far East Collection: Wind; My Mind's Eye 29th Street Market Fresh Collection: Outdoors, Spring Greens/Sprout; Delta Paints Periwinkle Blue, and Apple Barrel Paints Harvest Orange; Tim Holtz Ranger Distress Ink: Broken China (TIM21414), Vintage Photo (TIM19527), and Walnut Stain (TIM19534); and finally ColorBox Chalk Ink in Frost White.  

There's a lot of shadow on the pic, but that's what you get for taking it early in the morning.  


I used Modge Podge to glue to paper onto the MDF pieces.  I let dry and then I cut/sanded them out.  For the birds and a few of the leaves I painted with colour, then put a coat of crackle medium over.  Once dry I painted with a white-wash coat.  The two larger birds I glued paper to, and then white-washed them.

Once everything was cut and sanded, I proceeded to Ink them.I then added some embellishments: butterfly, Bird Cage Die Cut (FL302) by Kaisercraft, some bling, flowers and ribbon. Voila:


This is a shot of the wee little birdcage I added.  The bling is by Lush.


Butterfly, and some paper flowers.


And a final shot of some bling.   What girl doesn't love bling on their project?!


There you have it.  It didn't take as long as I thought it would.  I have a feeling there is still life in this project.  I have been contemplating making it into either a clock or perhaps a frame.  Not sure yet, but until I decide, a wreath it will remain.

Hope you enjoy, and thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment